Blog Announcement

Indonesiana - Anything about Indonesia
Gadget and Stuff - Gadget review and opinion
Destination Asia - Travel review

I hope you enjoy the new format...

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Did It My (Bus) Way Too...

Have you ever tried to get into a busway during rush hour (5.30 - 7.30pm)? Especially the outbound route, it's just like a can of sardines. The good thing about busway is that when it's full, unlike the regular buses, you cannot force your way to get in.

My route is Kuningan-Ragunan and I usually try to catch the bus between 6-7pm. Most of the time, I have to wait for 2-3 bus to pass by before I can get a slot to get in. One day, I got quite frustrated, I have waited for more than 30mins but the buses were always full.

Ironically, the inbound buses were almost empty you can play tennis inside. Then I got this crazy weird idea, how if I just took the inbound route and eventually go back to my original route. I know it's a circular route and an unlimited ride as long as I don't go out of the shelter. I don't mind take a longer route as long as I get a seat.

Everything was fine, I got a seat, I thought I was smart, I thought I will be seating comfortably all the way home. Until I reach the Halimun interchange, suddenly the conductor inspecting the ticket. Everybody who came from inbound route must get out the bus and take a queue to re-enter the outbound route! And the queue at the Halimun interchange was the worst of all. The queue line was extended until outside of the shelter. People were lined up from the ramp out side.

Even though I finally can enter my bus few minutes later, this is one of the stupid experience I will never forget!

No comments:

Tukeran Blog link Yuk! Tulis alamat Blog mu di Buku Tamu (kolom sebelah kanan) kalau kita sependapat, maka Situs Blog mu akan dicantumkan di halaman ini.