Blog Announcement

Indonesiana - Anything about Indonesia
Gadget and Stuff - Gadget review and opinion
Destination Asia - Travel review

I hope you enjoy the new format...

Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Did It My (Bus) Way

Nowadays, it is very difficult for me to go to and out from my new office in Gatot Subroto, Jakarta. The three-in-one rules that applied twice a day, make it impossible for me to drive alone to my office during 3in1 period unless I take a detour via Kuningan and queue up with hundreds of other cars on the small alleys that lead to my office back entry.

That's why I often ride the bus on the way back home. My friend who has stopped bringing his car to work since the Kuningan Busway operates, told me these tips :

a. Take Kopaja 66 from Gatot Subroto to Kuningan intersection, pay Rp 2500
b. Go to Kuningan Busway shelter, just 50m from the intersection and take the Ragunan lane, pay Rp 3500
c. Get off at Dep Pertanian, Ragunan and transfer to another public transport

Point a and b works fine except few minor problems :
1. The Busway buses are always full during the rush hour (17.30-19.30)
2. My home is still 25 min drive from Dep Pertanian

Several solutions for point 2 are :
a. Take a taxi, it cost me around Rp 30,000
b. Take a city transport (Angkot maksudnya) S61, Rp 2000 get off at Pondok Labu, but it's also still 7 min drive to my home
c. Take Kopaja 20, get off at Poin Square Rp 2500, but it's still 15 min drive to my home

I once tried a stupid solution "c" and take a taxi from there. The taxi almost cost Rp 25,000 because the traffic at Ps Jumat intersection was a nightmare. This is a total screw up.

Total cost :
1. If I take taxi directly from my office, approx Rp 50,000
2. If I take Kopaja + Busway + Taxi, Rp 36,000
3. If I take Kopaja + Busway + Kopaja + Taxi, Rp 33,500
4. If I drive my own car, wait until 3in1 is over, 14km, max 2liter premium, Rp 12,000

My conclusion, until I solve the problem on point 2 in paragraph 4 above, then driving my own car will be the cheapest mode of transport.

Note :
a. 3in1 periods are 6.30-10am and 5-7pm
b. The official name of the bus that runs on busway is Trans Jakarta. Busway is actually the name of the special lane which the bus is driven on

Tukeran Blog link Yuk! Tulis alamat Blog mu di Buku Tamu (kolom sebelah kanan) kalau kita sependapat, maka Situs Blog mu akan dicantumkan di halaman ini.